Thursday, June 6, 2013

Decision time

Right at this moment I am sitting at the Portland airport on my way to Denver for the weekend. As usual I have Friday morning allocated to fish probably on my own. The question is where exactly is going to be good?  Or maybe I should rephrase that: where exactly won't be too bad. It seems the runoff monster has reared his head just in time to gobble my weekend right up. 

My normal MO is to go hit up my old haunts on SBC, but that may not be the greatest idea. That river is top notch at 50-150 cfs. It is ok up to 250cfs, but above that I've honestly never tried. Today it's 410cfs and rising. 

And that leads me to a dilemma. Do I accept the challenge from my previous home waters and risk a potential skunking from old reliable? Or should I cheat on her with another water that's likely to be no better than a two bit hooker?

Who knows. I sure don't. I'll probably make up my mind in the morn. 

If any locals have the day off and are in possession of some inside info, shoot me a PM! I'll buy the beer.

If not I'll be sure to let you all know how amazing the chocolate milk tastes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment