Thursday, December 15, 2011

Gotta love winter

Winter came a few weeks ago. First in the form of nonstop rain, and more recently in the form of frosty coldness in the morning. And I'm not talking about frosty cold beer. That would be much more welcome, even though it may mean I need an intervention.

More recently that other winter commonality visited me. That's right, sickness. In the form of nasopharyngitis (thanks wikipedia), or the common cold. And these days colds hit me hard and fast. I got this sucker Monday evening. I dosed up with all the proper meds but still struggled to sleep. This is what my nightstand looked like in the morning.  


Looking at the picture no I realize it worse in person, probably because that nightstand is kinda big.  It was a lot of tissues, I promise.  Enough that I had to stop and buy the ones infused with lotion on my way to work in the morning.  And yes, I went to work to spread the virus.

Fortunately for me, though, colds leave as fast as they come. It's two days later now and although I'm still draining a little, I'm no longer sneezing nonstop and wiping a sore nose dry.

Now I just hope I manage to keep the streak alive and avoid the flu this season.

Stay healthy.

3 comments:

  1. The back side of a cold is the perfect time to use your neti pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention the neti pot. I have never used one and never knew what it was until being introduced to it over thanksgiving. It's an interesting feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim, make sure you got your flu shot.

    ReplyDelete