Just one month short of a full year. That's how long it took me to get my Loop rod fixed. Well, fixed isn't the right term. I lost the top section while fishing the Bighorn river in Montana last year. I had broken the rod down as we were on our way back to the boat pull-out and stowed it in the back of the boat. Once it reached the car there were only 2 of the 3 sections. We looked for an hour or more all over the boat, between the boat and the car, in the river where we docked the boat, but it was nowhere to be seen. We even went back the next morning to see if we could find it in bright light. Nope. It was lost forever.
So I contacted Loop to see if losing a section was covered under warranty. I didn't do it right away, though. I have a few other rods I could use so there was no rush. Finally after more than a few months passed I figured I should try to get it fixed. It took quite a few calls and emails to reach someone, but finally I managed to find out that the warranty would cover the lost piece. After a little back and forth I received the details for sending the rod back, packaged it up, and shipped it to Idaho.
Then came the waiting game. It took the service center a couple shipments to get the section in, but less than two months later it was done and back in my hands. I should clarify, though, just in case everyone out there now thinks Loop's service blows. They did an OK job. Eight of the eleven months involved the rod sitting in its tube in my living room. The only real complaint is they were a little hard to get a hold of.
In the end the rod came back just in time for the annual Bighorn river trip again. Except we moved the trip back to June so now I have plenty of time! I might actually take her out this weekend to chase some steelhead around. No, she's not really an ideal steelhead rig but it's been so long since she threw some line that it needs to be done.
It also makes a nice addition to my small stock of weapons.